Scotia Heritage offers guided heritage tours of Dundee, Fife and Angus. Walking tours of Dundee and St. Andrews are available throughout the year with a variety of themes and seasonal offerings. Personalised driving tours based upon local heritage and family history are offered for small groups around Dundee, Fife and Angus. All walking tours, except Lost Dundee, are suitable for ambulant and wheelchair disabled.
Enhance your Scottish experience by allowing a professional historian and tour guide to plan your tour at a time to suit. Relax and have fun as we travel the scenic routes, stopping at idyllic lunch spots, visitor attractions and heritage sites around Angus, Dundee and Fife.
Ancestral tours that are tailored to your family history accompanied by a local tour guide ensure that you make the most of your time in the area. Forget the map and guidebook. Let me drive whilst you watch the passing scenery. Let me plan your route and turn your holiday into a memorable experience.
- I have been on two of Karen's tours in Dundee, THE HOWFF TOUR and LOST DUNDEE, well what can I say both superb. I myself thought I knew things about the Howff and Dundee then Karen blew that right out the water. It's just a matter of time before I decide what is the next tour for me.
- We attended the Lost Dundee tour 4th August 2013. Would highly recommend this tour. Lots of information and time to observe all the different local places of significant interest. Karen was a great guide, full of humour and kept us entertained.
- When we did the review of the 3M's tour it scored 100% - don't get better than that.
- We had a really good night, enjoyed by all of us from age 17 to 66! You were prepared to put on Lost Dundee on an unscheduled evening and despite it being a particularly cold evening you did not rush the tour in any way. Your knowledge of the city and its history is second to none and you delivered it in a way which can be understood by even the less historically aware of us!
- You are a great person to show us around Dundee and St. Andrews. We are fortunate to have connected with you. Your energy and love for history is inspiring and makes your tour very interesting.
- Karen's wealth of knowledge regarding Dundee and its (in)famous bard Mr William Topaz McGonagall was an absolute godsend to me! Without Karen's expertise and help I doubt I would have completed my documentary on McGonagall for my course.
- Hi Karen, You made an exception for my family and myself on holiday fromAustralia, and I thank you for that. It turned out to be the highlight of our trip and a great binding memory for us of which we will never forget. It was fun, funny and informative and can't recommend you enough. Delightful, THANK YOU!!!
- My friends and I went on the Witches Blood tour tonight and we loved it! Very entertaining with great information that helps us to see Dundee in a new light and gave us some great info on witch history in Dundee. Thanks!
- My daughter and I went on the Witches Blood tour last night. We both enjoyed learning more about the old families of Dundee plus all the tales of witches and cannibalism. It was interesting seeing familiar streets in Dundee and finding out their history, some of it very gruesome. The tour was educational and also a lot of fun as a couple of unexpected guests made their appearance. I recommend this tour to anyone keen to about Dundee's history, whether it be myth, legend or truth.
- I worked as a jumper outer for Karen while in university and I was always impressed by her vast knowledge of Dundonian history as well as her ability to relay it in an entertaining and extremely professional manner. Thanks Karen for the strangest and most fun job I've ever had!
- A huge thank you to Scotia Heritage for an excellent evening and a tour of 'Witches Blood'. All our guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening which ensured the conversations kept flowing even after the tour finished whilst we enjoyed our evening supper. Thank you Scotia Heritage and we hope to see you on one of your tours in the not so distant future!
Groups and personal tours
Scotia Heritage tours are seasonal with fixed dates and on request for private groups.
Your Guide's Profile
My experience is in hospitality and public service roles combined with nearly two decades in heritage tourism. My first guiding post was in my home town of Dundee aboard the RRS Discovery and at Dundee’s Old Steeple. My passion for Scottish history is informed from studying Scottish Historical Studies (MA Hons) at Dundee University. This was combined with eleven years of guiding at St. Andrews Castle and Cathedral. Although my personal obsession is from the Reformation to Jacobitism I can offer an insight into any historic period from the ancients to the modern. Delving into my own family history has widened my knowledge of local resources and enabled me to help you.
So if you are in Dundee, Fife or Angus join me as I transport you into the past. As a Dundonian who has lived in Fife for over twenty years I can be trusted to escort you and your family around the east coast of Scotland. In particular I have visited or know of every visitor attraction whether it caters for adults or children. Having been a guide at Dundee Heritage Trust, the National Trust and several Historic Scotland properties I have an in-depth understanding of Scotland's heritage. I look forward to sharing that knowledge, with enthusiasm and passion, with you on a tour.
Pic of the month
Martini Extra Wet, Broughty Ferry, Scotland